Curtains, Tracks & Poles in Kent
Aquarius Soft Furnishings specialise in hand sewn, fully lined curtains. Interlining is available if required and all with a variety of heading styles. Top dressing can be used to add that touch of class including pelmets, valances, swags and tails. We have a large selection of fabric sample books available, so if your look is contemporary or traditional, you are able to visit us at our shop in Coxheath village.
Along with supplying and creating beautiful curtains, we can also supply a wide range of curtain tracks and poles from simple hand drawn, corded to electronic curtains with controllers, ideal for the disabled or if your movement is impaired. Electronic controllers are also unbeatable for added security, making your home look occupied when away. custom fit curtains
Tips on selecting your curtains
- Curtains do more than just cover the window yet many people ignore window dressings.
- Curtains can add style and colour also personality to a room.
- Curtains can be used to divide a room and maintain privacy and heat.
- When you re-decorate don’t stick to plain ugly boring ill fitting curtains or blinds.
Bear in mind the hints below for a perfect look to your windows .
- Consider style and the role of your window dressings. Choose a lined curtain to protect the fabric, interlining will help even more and add lustre to the look and feel of the curtain.
- To help even more to block out light in a bedroom or Baby’s room then select black out linings this will also improve privacy.
- Colour and texture is important – after spending time and money decorating, heavily textured or brightly patterned curtains could be the finishing touch to getting your room just right don’t be afraid of using colour.
- Don’t just buy off the shelf it may save money but badly fitting curtains won’t always be fit for purpose, a blind which hangs away from the window sill or ill fitting curtains which don’t hang right spoil the finish to your room.
- Bespoke service made to measure allows you to consider how you would like curtains to be hung. Simple gathered curtains on a rail may be dated but could be right for some applications, a pelmet or box valance even swags and tails are boldly luxurious, Poles with rings give a classic style, Eyelet curtains with a pole gives a modern look. Choose carefully the combination of fabric and shape for your room.
- Just as important as the curtains are the poles or tracks you hang them on. Select a sturdy pole which will take the weight of your curtain without bending – more decorative poles look good with eyelets, yet simple poles are better for rings. Tracks come in a variety of styles that can be hand drawn or corded to make drawing curtains easy, electric controlled tracks are not only a touch of luxury also security with your curtains pulling when your home is un-occupied and ideal for disabled or people with impaired movement. We offer advise on all types of curtain tracks.
- Maybe your curtain tracks or poles just need a bit of a service to make them run as they have done in the past.
- Don’t forget accessories, like cushions, table runners, bed covers and throws all add the finishing touch to room settings.
Aquarius Soft Furnishings make net curtains to measure. All of our net curtains are made bespokely to the right size of your window. You can either visit our retail shop which is based in Maidstone Kent or you can call us to arrange a home visit.