KAS-UMU Scholarships for Bachelor and Master Degree Programmes in Germany, 2017
Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) and Uganda Martyrs University (UMU) is delighted to announce KAS-UMU Scholarship Programme to pursue bachelor and master degree programmes. Citizens of either Uganda or South Sudan are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
The aim of the programme is to enable future leaders to attain higher qualifications in the areas of governance, human rights, and democracy promotion to become drivers for positive change in their communities and their country.
The scholarships target young promising future leaders with a proven track record of academic excellence as well as an encouraging history of social or political engagement. The programme combines the expertise of UMU in providing the high-quality education with a value based background and KAS’ goal to enhance understanding of democracy and respect for human rights.
Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is a German political foundation that works worldwide in more than 100 countries in the fostering of social, economic and political development. KAS employs civic education on the German and international plane to promote peace, freedom, and justice.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue bachelor and masters degree programmes.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in four disciplines, namely:
- Local Governance and Human Rights (Bachelor and Masters Degree),
- Democracy and Development Studies (Bachelor Degree),
- Development Studies (Masters Degree),
- Research and Public Policy (Masters Degree).
The scholarships are targeted towards aspiring future leaders across a range of social, political, and economic fields. Applicants will have to prove their leadership potential in order to be considered for the scholarship.
Scholarship Award: For successful candidates, the scholarship shall cover the cost of tuition and the residential workshops as charged by the university. The student is expected on his/her own or through other sources to meet the cost of transport, books, research and other expenses on the study.
Successful candidates from South Sudan shall have the cost for international air or bus tickets to Uganda as well as their visa for the residential workshops covered under the scholarship. The student shall however still meet all costs of inland travel either in Uganda or South Sudan.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility: Eligibility / Selection Criteria
- Applicants must be citizens of either Uganda or South Sudan and should not be more than 30 years for bachelor programmes, and 35 years for masters programmes;
- Applicants must have proof of academic excellence in previous levels of education;
- Applicants shall provide a motivational letter indicating why they desire to undertake the particular course; applicants holding leadership positions or portray potential for future leadership may have an added advantage;
- Current or past employment in relevant programme areas and/or engagement in social, developmental and/or political sphere(s) may be an additional advantage;
- Priority will be given to applicants with genuine financial needs.
Nationality: Citizens of either Uganda or South Sudan are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be citizens of either Uganda or South Sudan and should not be more than 30 years for bachelors programmes, and 35 years for masters programmes.
English language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: The Country Representative Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung and be delivered as follows: Either by email to: kas.scholarship-at-gmail.com Cc: anna.hoffmann-at-kas.de or by post or can be also hand delivered.
a) A personal statement (letter of motivation) providing the following information:
- An explanation of the reason for applying for financial support from KAS
- A statement of the applicant’s academic goals and interests
- A description of the relevant work experience (or social-political engagements) related to the chosen programme of study
- An outline of the applicant’s career objectives and how the study programme will help in the achievement of these goals
b) A complete and up-to-date curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages);
c) Copies of relevant transcripts from schools or universities;
d) Proof of admission to UMU or evidence of having applied for any of the programmes under the scholarship scheme;
e) Two letters from referees (professional or academic), signed and sealed.
Please note: Complete applications must include all the above-stated requirements. Applications missing any of the requirements will not be considered.
Application Deadline: The deadline for the receipt of applications is May 14, 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note: Interested candidates are encouraged to contact Uganda Martyrs University as soon as possible to seek information about admissions for the different programmes.
Change lives of international students by helping them achieving successful scholarships, financial aid and free education.
Scholarship-Positions.com was started in 2007 by Oxford University graduates for helping international students in finding suitable scholarships to study abroad.
We have helped thousands of students in securing scholarships and financial aid in the world’s top universities.
Our objective is to help international students in finding matching scholarships – just in time