- Carousel Page 1 of 3 active
- Carousel Page 2 of 3 click here to move to this page
- Carousel Page 3 of 3 click here to move to this page
- pause slide animation
Shop By Character in Kids Rooms
Create a room that shows off your child s style
A child fortunate enough to have his or her own room likely spends a lot of time in that room sleeping, doing homework, playing and listening to music.
Let your child express his or her personal taste – with your assistance, of course – with furniture, bedding and decorations that are picked out with him or her in mind. Our Every Day Low Prices on everything make it easy on your budget as well.
Depending on the size of your child s room, there are certain pieces that you must have, including a bed, dresser, a table and chair. If there s more room, an armoire or an additional chair might make nice additions.
- Beds: For your child s bed, especially if it s his or her first one, a twin, twin XL or double standard bed (if you want your child to have a bed to grow with) is a solid choice. If you have two children who share the room, you can place beds side by side or purchase loft or bunk beds. Standard beds can have a headboard and footboard, and most have both a mattress and box spring.
- Chairs and seating: Chair options for your child s room are also contingent on how much space is available. If it s a large room, you can consider a recliner or even a loveseat. If those pieces would take up too much room, a small rocking chair, bean bag chair or desk chair are suitable options. If you allow your child to have a television and video game console in his or her room, a video rocker or gaming chair would probably be appreciated.
- Dressers and armoires: A child s dresser can be as large as the one in his or her parent s room, but these are often smaller. Typically, a three- or four-drawer dresser is an appropriate size for a child s clothing and belongings. Some dressers have a mirror attached to the back.
- Tables: For play and guests, you want to consider kid-sized tables and chairs. Many of these can depict children s favorite TV shows or cartoon characters. If you have an older child, a small desk for working on homework or a computer is something you want to consider.
Sheets, pillows, bedspreads, comforters, blankets, throws and quilts are all bedding options to consider for your child s room. Many of these items depict favorite kid themes featuring comic book superheroes, TV show characters, movie characters and video game characters.
Choose bedding that matches the size of your child s bed, although comforters, blankets, throws and quilts can be slightly larger than the bedding. Bedding sets, or bed-in-a-bag sets, include a fitted sheet, flat sheet, pillowcases and a comforter or bedspread. Shams and a matching tote are also sometimes parts of these sets.
To add special touches to your child s room, add decor items such as area or throw rugs, table lamps, clocks, artwork, window coverings, wall decals or other wall decor items. Wall decor items include peel-and-stick decals featuring superheroes, movie or TV characters. These decals are removable and can be small or large, taking up an entire wall.
Canvas wall art for a child s room can depict pop culture characters or kid-themed art. These can be small, allowing your child to put several on one wall or a single large piece to take up most of the space on one wall.
Rug sizes range from 2×3 feet up to 8×10 feet. These, too, can depict favorite characters or can be one of several colors. Lamp options for kids rooms include desk lamps, table lamps and night lights.
Storage and organizers
Some of the necessary storage pieces or organizers that are useful for children s rooms include toy organizers, bookcases and laundry hampers. Toy organizers can be closed boxes or open storage space to allow easy access and to allow your child to display his or her favorite toys. A chest at the foot of the bed can double as seating, and many even have a padded lid.
Bookcases serve as ideal storage for books, DVDs and Blu-ray discs, CDs and software discs and video games. A laundry hamper, with or without a lid, allows kids to keep their rooms clean and put their dirty clothes.